“Fire can cause large amounts of damage to your property. Smoke odor invades building materials and personal belongings of every kind. Smoke soot damages walls and other surfaces, and artwork even if flames never touched them.
- Be sure to contact an emergency board-up structural stabilization service
- Use an environmentally friendly product to clean soot and other residue from fire damaged areas such as walls, artwork, bannisters, floors and small items that were exposed.
- Another step to recovery is smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification. Until the restoration experts can arrive for heavy duty clean-up use fans, air purifiers, open windows to immediately begin circulating clean air through the home.
- Carefully remove and secure damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration. Put appropriate items in large plastic bags or boxes to set aside for cleaning and restoring. Use pillowcases for items that do not belong in plastic.
- Use industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- To prevent mold and mildew use disinfectants and antimicrobials in areas that have water damage.”
Read the full article here.
Bauer Restoration offers restoration services for customers throughout the region. Call today at 507-333-9838 or visit our website for more information.