You are currently viewing TV star Rachel Ray’s home suffers massive fire damage

TV star Rachel Ray’s home suffers massive fire damage

Television personality Rachael Ray’s home was engulfed by a raging fire Sunday night, causing extensive harm to the southern Adirondack house where she had filmed her show during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Representatives for Ray released a statement late Sunday confirming the celebrity chef and talk-show host was safe, as were her husband, John Cusimano, and their dog, Bella.

“Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and gracious and saving what they could of our home,” Ray tweeted Monday. “Grateful that my mom, my husband, my dog… we’re all okay. These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we’ve lost.”

Read more on this story here.

According to an assessment done by fire investigators, it is believed that the fire started near the roof. The 2nd floor was said to have significant damage while the first floor and below went relatively untouched. A follow-up report by the associated press states that the cause was determined to be accidental and that the fire originated from somewhere in the chimney.

At Bauer Restoration, we know the quick devastation that fire can cause to your home or business. The most important thing is the safety of your loved ones, family, friends, and/or employees. Items can be replaced but people can not. If your home or business has sustained fire damage contact us at 507-333-9838 to discuss restoration options.